Monday, September 13, 2010

B90 Week 11

I'M CAUGHT UP! Or I will be tonight when I read through Mark 9:31. There have been some LONG reading sessions this week, but it feels so good to be caught up! Can you believe that this challenge is almost over? Only a couple more weeks, and October will be upon us (I KNOW! It really shouldn't be moving this fast!).

A few verses that stood out to me in my marathon reading session came from Hosea. Hosea 10:12 says,
Sow for yourselves righteousness and reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the Lord until he comes and showers righteousness on you. But you have planted wickedness, you have reaped evil, you have eaten the fruit of deception.
I'm also leading a study called Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss right now, and mercy, those words are powerful: you have eaten the fruit of deception. I haven't ever necessarily planned to plant wickedness or reap evil, but that in effect, is what I've done if I've ever chosen to believe a lie or a subtle half-truth that contradicts what God has said or portrays Him in a non-biblical way. I don't want to be like the Israelites and try to "dig my own cisterns" or "carve my own gods."

Another verse that I held onto this week was Habakkuk 2:3 which reads, "Lord, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, O Lord. Renew them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy." And at the end of chapter 3 verses 17-19
Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vine, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.
.

And of course, after all the mayhem, destruction, and pain in the OT, it was refreshing to enter the NT! As I read through Matthew this morning (all of it), it struck me anew what a short earthly ministry (and really, earthly life) Jesus had.

Check in with Amy at Mom's Toolbox to see how everyone else is doing. And go encourage someone today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a (nice) note!