Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bible in 90 Days Check In #10

Well, this is late, but I'll post it anyway. I have been continually amazed that as I'm reading (behind still; I'm on Day 72 and should be on Day 75), I keep running into the same texts in my other Bible study or in other conversations. Today, as I was finishing my study for tonight (Sweeter than Chocolate), there were references to readings in Matthew. A few weeks ago, it was readings in Jeremiah and Daniel (Psalm 119 talks about the psalmist adversaries throwing him into a pit, so we were looking up other references of men being tossed into pits). I opened up an e-mail from Proverbs 31 ministries today and the devotional was about the parable of the seed and the soil from Matthew. Read that last night in my 90 Days Bible. Coincidence? I think not. God is showing me lots of applications for my life, but I know that when He is at work (and we make ourselves available to Him and His word) then He is going to surround us with reminders of how He's working. He's good like that. In fact, Psalm 119:68 says, "Thou art good and Thou doest good; Teach me Thy statutes." He is faithful to teach us, to establish us, to work on us if we are faithful to show up. So, hopefully, you're showing up to meet God with His Word. Check in with other readers at Mom's Toolbox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a (nice) note!