Saturday, July 3, 2010

Baseball, hot dogs...


Happy 4th of July!

It is for freedom that we have been set free! We are free from sin and death, but we should also be free from all the "stuff" that so easily entangles us. I don't think God has allowed Americans to be free simply for our own benefit. We've been blessed, so let's not waste that blessing by being a hoarder of blessings or of material wealth (Oh, I'm so stepping on my own toes! Get OFF!).

I've been reading The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns, and it is rocking my world! Another book that I've read recently and went through with a small group is Crazy Love by Francis Chan. Believe me, if you don't want to be challenged, DON'T READ THESE BOOKS! However, if you think the "American Dream" seems a little counter-Biblical, then check them out. I would love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a (nice) note!