Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fall Into Reading 2010

This is my first year joining in the low-pressure reading challenge known as "Fall Into Reading." Katrina over at Callipidder Days created and hosts this challenge, and I've been wanting to join. The challenge runs from September 22 until December 20th.

I love to read!! With the Bible in 90 Days Challenge, books have been piling up on my bedside table, so I'm looking forward to plowing through some of those. Here's my list (although, I'm sure I'll add and detract as I go along, but at least these are my planned 'escapes.')

Non-fiction:

The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns. I am actually almost half-way done with this one, but I had to put in aside for the B90 challenge. Great and convicting read.

Good and Angry by Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller. I (again) have started this one, but (again) had to put it aside for a bit.

Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp. We're actually going through this (DVD) on Sunday nights at church, so I am looking forward to reading (all) of it.

Fiction:
Piece de Resistance by Sandra Byrd. The final one in the series, so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it!

Savannah by the Sea by Denise Hildreth. Again, a third in a series that I read a year ago. I've waited a long time to read this!

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. A classic that deserves another read; in honor of my friend, L, who loved Miss Jane Austen.

The Aimee Leduc Investigation Series (or as many as I can get my hands on!) by Cara Black. I've read a couple of these but look forward to reading more.

Walking the Choctaw Road by Tim Tingle. I recently read one of his children's books, so I look forward to reading more of his stories about my ancestors, the Choctaw.

I am also going to try to read a couple of non-school related, simply-to-be-a-good-mom/homeschooler to my three boys, particularly my oldest two. If I could get the younger one to stop bouncing off the walls (he's three), I'd read to him more, too! Of course, all of this is in addition to the study I'm leading at church, "Lies Women Believe" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and teaching Ephesians on Sunday mornings.

Thankfully, this is a low-pressure challenge!! Check out Katrina's blog at Callapidder Days to see what everyone else is reading. You might be inspired to pick up a new book or you might be reminded to pick up the one you forgot you wanted to read!!

1 comment:

  1. You have some on your list that are catching my eye. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a (nice) note!