Thursday, May 8, 2008

"Let Me Talk to My Manager..."

Well, we've finally admitted the imminent death of our van. It's served us well, but the time has come to say "Good-bye." So tonight, after borrowing our friends' van and finding unsuspecting, I mean, willing babysitters, DH and I checked out some vans. Wow! I could buy a lot of books with the amount of money you need to lay down to get a decent van. It sort of hurts my heart to think, "And how many children in Africa (or America!) could this feed? Of course, all the boys care about? Does it have a DVD player...like we don't watch enough television at home, so we need to watch it in the van, too? Puh-leeze. Not a deciding factor, I'll tell you. Anyway, we are constantly reminded of God's grace (that which we don't deserve) that we even have the means to begin to look at newer used vehicles. Oh, that we would praise him even in the lean times. I was also reminded how wonderful it is to belong to the family of God when at 2 p.m. today, we were able to make all these arrangements just by calling friends from church who love us, and we love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a (nice) note!