Thursday, July 3, 2008

Now I Remember...

Today, after several days of no rain and warmer weather (a couple of days in the high 80s), it rained. Actually, there was lightening and thunder which is highly unusual in this area. SWK had actually never seen lightening before and was a little scared. We had a good long talk about God always being with us, and that seemed to calm him down some. He reminds me of my mom who was always afraid of the multiple storms we'd have in OK. I tried to encourage SWK by letting him know how much I loved thunderstorms. They always seem to remind me of how big God is and how small I am and yet He loves me so much.

When we stepped out of the van at home after only a few minutes of soft rain falling, and I smelled the clean air that comes only after rain, I was suddenly swept with homesickness. Or rather, Okla-home-a-sickness. Because it rains so much so often here, I rarely have the pleasure of smelling that "cleaned by the rain" smell. I find that smell, the smell of freshly mown grass and the smell of the top of a baby's head simply intoxicating. God is the ultimate perfume-designer!

Speaking of babies, my baby is 11 months old now and only a few weeks away from his surgery. Please remember to pray for Ju Ju Bees (and for his parents!) that he'll have a quick, successful surgery with quick, pain-free (hey! God can do it!) healing. He's such a sweet, sweet boy with a great attitude and such joy to be around his brothers. So much joy that he gets aggravated when I have to move the furniture to give them some space to play with Lego and cars without him slobbering all over everything!

We picked strawberries today, or I should say, attempted to pick strawberries. I noticed that SWK and his little "helper" (he would point to the ones he wanted, and she would dive into the plant to grab them and then give them to him! It's a good gig if you can get it!) were just working their little fingers off. I walked over and chatted with them to see how their basket (a pint box) was looking. There might have been 4 strawberries in there. So I checked out their faces. Yup. Apparently, according to SWK, strawberries taste best when they still have the mud on them! I guess after all the ones he ate today, he would know! Bounce had some issues getting started, but he loves Mrs. Lisa, so he hung out with her and they got some work done finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a (nice) note!