Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"Mommy, I Have to Tell You Sumfting"

Says Bounce. Oh dear, I always think. Then he always says, "I love Jesus." Whew! I always say, "I'm so glad! I love Jesus, too!" But this took a turn the other day. It started out the usual way, but then, "I love God. Mommy, is Jesus God?" Wha'??? Theological discussions with a three year old? Yup.

"Yes, Bounce, He is God."

"Oh." You could seriously see the wheels turning and the smoke coming out of his ears (or that could have been my stove Thanksgiving morning after the ham juice overfloweth...but that's another story!).

"Mommy, I have to tell you sumfting."

"What, Baby?"

"I love God. Jesus is God."

Now, people? Why is that so hard to grasp? My boy is brilliant, but he's only three, and he gets it! Ah, yes, the faith of a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a (nice) note!