Friday, December 5, 2008

Well, Well, Well...

Bounce says that a lot. "Well, well, well, look what I've got." Usually it's a toy that's been misplaced for a few days or sometimes it's something that SWK has been looking for. Whatever, it is, I love to hear him say it. He's cute that way. Another variation on that grown-up phrase is, "Well, well, well, what do we have here?" Cute, huh? And another one: after Ju Ju Bees was getting into something (else!!) a few days ago, Bounce said, "I handle it Mommy." And he did, and surprisingly he was gentle about it. But all that is not the point of this post.

This is the point. Well, well, well. Look what we've got:













She is, right now, "Red" or "Pup" for that is the color of her collar that the breeders put on her to differentiate between her and her littermates. She's a German Shepherd Dog, and she was born August 27. She is as smart as a whip and already knows some basic commands.

She was initially terrified of Layla, our hairy beast of a sweetie whose birthday was Wednesday! Layla turned two, so we bought her a puppy. That's 14 in human years supposedly, so I guess she'll be responsible enough to have her own puppy.











She's got her own boy after all.











Layla is the sweetest dog and probably the most gentle I've ever seen. She's got an impressive and deep bark, but only twice has she made me think that she might have some guardian-type dog deep within her soul. So DH has been thinking about us getting a more protective-type dog for a long time (since we knew our neighbors were moving), so I've been on the hunt. I went back and forth about getting one 'cause let's just face it: They are a lot of work! I already have three boys who tend to get into everything. Why do I need another mouth to feed, body to vaccinate, soul to nourish, etc. Why? Because two men in orange jumpsuits walked up to our door yesterday and Layla did nothing but bark at them. NOTHING! Okay, so the men were from the county public works, and they were asking what we wanted them to do about the mailboxes that they'd knocked down while they were brushhogging, but still. I guess dogs are colorblind but good gravy! She's sweet but she's probably not going to do much protecting!

So, enter Red. "Hello, my name is Glutton. Glutton for Punishment." The boys are in love, I'm pretty smitten, and DH...well, DH hasn't called her a loser yet, and he even bent down to talk to her and pet her. Will wonders never cease?! Oh, and Layla likes her present!
Well, I've gotta get to bed, 'cause SOMEBODY has to take the puppy out to potty in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a (nice) note!