Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Final Post for the Bible in 90 Days

Catchy title, eh? Amy over at Mom's Toolbox asked us all to either write a post or link up our 88 Day Finishing post to share a little about our experience reading through the Bible in 90 Days. So here are my thoughts.

First, I've read the Bible many times. But straight through? Never. I am seminary trained, yet have never finished that "resolution." So, yeah, I'm excited I did it, and that I did it in 88 days (especially since there were weeks where it felt like I was 5 or 6 days behind!).

Second, I saw so many words, phrases or themes that I'll be hunting for the next time I go through. A few examples: "for My namesake," "orphans," and any prophecies or references to Christ's coming.

Third, will I do it again? Definitely. Will I challenge and encourage others to do it with me? Yes! It's amazing. Yes, I did have to give up my favorite hobby of reading mysteries and fiction and even some parenting books. But you know, I didn't really miss them? How could I? I was reading the most amazing love story. Ever. Oh, and who better to learn how to parent than from The One who knows the best?

Fourth, oh, there are so many thoughts besides four but one of the best reasons to read it through is because I know the end of the story! Christ has conquered death! And we are more than conquerers in Him. Praise be to the God and Father of us all! Come, Lord Jesus!

So, in case you didn't get it, I was challenged, but oh so encouraged as I read through these last 90 days. Amy will be hosting another group in July, so if you're interested or "just need to do it because I haven't before," I promise you'll be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a (nice) note!