Monday, February 14, 2011

All About Granddad

To a special Granddad, Happy Birthday! In case you can't see the picture, it says "You 'light up' our life!" You know, because you work with electricity? That was Mommy's "bright idea." (And the hits keep coming, folks! Thank you! I'll be here all week (and the next week, but maybe not the week after that!).

Truly, Father of my DH, you are a treasure to our family. My boys just mentioned yesterday (Judah, actually) about you and Grandmom taking them to McDonald's to eat when you were here in 2009. I love that they have memories of you, and I'm looking forward to us making more while we're a wee bit closer for a time.

I thank you and Grandmom for raising such wonderful children who love the Lord, and I thank you especially for the one that I snagged. You all joke and say that I'm a saint for dealing with him (and some days you are so right), but really, he's the one who God dropped into my life to save me from my crazy self. You've instilled great qualities such as hard work, perseverance, and most importantly, dedication to our Lord in all of your bunches of children's lives. Thank you! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a (nice) note!